Monday 29 October 2007

We had an earthquake!

THT Online Kathmandu, October 29 - Kathmandu was rocked by a tremor measuring 5 on the richter scale this afternoon at about 3.35 pm. The tremor lasted just a few seconds rattling walls and windows and forced people to come out of their homes and offices. According to Department of Seismology the tremor measuring 5 on the richter scale had its epicentre in Sharamthali VDC of Nuwakot district.

It was literally just for seconds and I didn't even have time to dive under the table as instructed in our earthquake training. No sign of any buildings being damaged and the flowerpots resting on the balcony of the house opposite are still there. I guess from the news item above that there have been no injuries or damage.

And whilst I'm online, and before I get inundated with e-mails giving advice :-), I can reassure you that I do not have a detached top rib, I have costocondritis, an inflammation of the costal cartilage. Unfortunately to find this out I had to break my record of not having visited the doctor since arriving in Nepal, bummer I thought I might make it all the way.

Cheers
Roshan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I stumbled upon your blog when I googled my name and earthquake. Incidentally, we too had an earthquake in California on 29th of October. What a co-incidence!

-Roshan (http://hkroshan.blogspot.com)