Saturday 11 August 2007

Cowes Week winners

Having followed Cowes Week (the UK's biggest sailing regatta) on the internet and seen my ol' mate Howard Sellars was winning his class in the same type of boat that we sailed together about 20 years ago, I sent an e-mail to Cowes Radio wishing him good luck for Friday's race. I guess an e-mail from Kathmandu is a novelty for Cowes Radio so they read it out on air and apparently will be sending me the prestigious prize of a t-shirt! Modesty prevents me from mentioning my previous prize from Cowes Radio – oh all right if you must know, a bottle of champagne for pulling off a blinding start in 2004. Not sure whether Howard would consider it good luck to have yesterday's racing abandoned due to lack of wind but, if my calculations are right, it does mean that he has won Class 8 for the week whatever the result of today's race. I'm sure he and the crew had a few drinks last night to celebrate.

 

Cheers

Roshan

No comments: