Thursday 13 July 2006

An interesting exhibition in KTM

I'd seen a small flyer about this exhibition but arrived at this huge old building with no advertising anywhere or sign of life...



…but after wandering in the doorway and along corridor I knew I was in the right place as I found these great pictures on cloth doors by children decorating the staircase.





Earlier in the year, more than 200 kids - from street children to those from international schools - had worked alongside some of the most eminent artists in Nepal and interested people from a range of organisations.







Children who were visiting particularly loved this one as they could see through the work!



The exhibition was called Khulla dhoka. More info via:

www.britishcouncil.org/nepal-khulla-dhoka.pdf





Was so pleased I went to this exhibition as it meant I saw some work by of Ben's mate Dan Cartright (albeit by bizarre coincidence - it's a small world isn't it!) and also a couple done by people in Roshan’s organisation, BDS.



No comments: