Thursday 1 January 2009

A quick couple of photos


I'll tell you more about Richmond Fellowship Nepal, the organisation I am now working with, another time but a quick photo of our Christmas tree:

The centre I am based at runs a residential drug rehabilitation programme and my colleagues very thoughtfully found out when and where Christmas church services were for one of our Christian clients. He went but never came back.

Yesterday I stopped off at a Blue Diamond Society centre on the way home for their New Year's Eve party. It was load shedding when I arrived so singing and dancing was only accompanied by a small drum. This is called dhori (probably not spelt like that) where groups of men and women (or, it being BDS, metis) sit on opposite sides of the room and sing backwards and forwards to each other. I'm afraid I didn't stay long enough to see New Year in with them, I cycled home in the dark (always an adventure) and joined Sheila for a quiet night at home with a DVD on my laptop.

Powers gone off now (8pm to 2am then 8am to 2pm) and its cold so I'm off to bed.
Best wishes for 2009 to all.
Roshan
Posted by Picasa

No comments: