Sunday 19 November 2006

Yummeee..

....dinner on Friday night at the British Embassy - I suppose that makes you think it was some grand diplomatic banquet. But no, to encourage attendance at the club AGM the excellent committee offered free dinner followed by a pub quiz, sitting through 26 mins of AGM was a price we were willing to pay for a free meal. Chicken & mushroom pie, chips, beans, peas and carrots followed by apple crumble - my kind of banquet and boy, did I pig out on it. Things got better when our team managed to come a close third (we did lead until a round near the end with lots of song lyrics to complete) in the quiz - the prize, a free meal at the Embassy club!
 
Today (what would the NUT say about working on Saturday and Sunday) was the last day of the ECD core training workshop Sheila was helping to run which sounded like a great success for her and the participants. She promises to write something about it for the blog and to post some pictures so bombard her with with e-mails if nothing appears soon.
 
Prob won't post next week as we are going for a long weekend to visit a cluster of volunteers and the organisations they work for in the south. These are mainly Education and of interest to Sheila and the 2 friends we are going with - if I can find somewhere with satellite TV showing the 1st Ashes Test, I plan to spend my weekend watching that. After my comment the other week I suppose I should acknowledge that England did manage to just beat South Africa at rugby.
 
Cheers
Roshan
 
A global warming question from the quiz: If all the pack ice of the North Pole melted, by how many metres would sea levels rise by?  

No comments: